The brain is the most integral organ of the body. Without the brain, I can imagine us being mindless creatures with no purpose – just like the apocalyptic zombie characters wandering around in AMC’s cable television epic thriller “The Walking Dead.” Weighing between 2.87 and 3.1 lbs., the adult brain physiologically functions to exert control over the other organs of the body. The sensory of “thought” rouses our intelligence to react or perform, especially when we want to execute on a set personal values.
Our creator masterfully designed us with the ability to think and feel; His design was and is for us to have dominion over the creatures of the Earth (Genesis 1:26) – this of course carried a huge level of responsibility. We were created with a desire to take care of ourselves and those around us. We were gifted with the ability to articulate to one another. We were intelligently built to produce and exchange tangible commodities or consumer durable goods to satisfy our lifestyle. Lastly, we were given the chance to prove our well-being to make a difference for others.
It is a great opportunity to live in a democratic society where you have the freedom to talk and express the things manifesting in your heart. Your heart has been aching for a long time to do something purposeful, now it’s time to program the brain to move on that very thing! Now is the time to transform what you’ve been talking about and put it into ACTION. The city of Rome wasn’t built in a day, but what you build now could eventually outlive you and/or grow beyond your wildest imagination!
A = Active the Brain
- Stimulate your thoughts. Carve out some time each day to brainstorm the idea you have. For me, the best setting is usually early mornings.
- Read, research, and review. Spend quality time to gain knowledge from books, workshops/conferences, leading experts, or even your place of work!
C = Challenge Yourself Daily
- Do something that you’ve never done before. If you have developed a homemade product to sell and want to share it with your friends, be willing to use the product on yourself first for a period of time. You are your best customer.
- Dare to be different; take on a new hobby that connects with your idea or vision.
T = Tell Your Story
- Showcase the idea to those you feel will help you win the track lap of victory!
- Be prepared to disclose your formula to a respectable venture capitalist as in ABC’s television show – “Shark Tank.” On this particular show, entrepreneurs who dare to enter the “Shark Tank” must try to convince the tough, self-made, multi-millionaire/billionaire tycoons to part with their own hard-earned cash and give them the funding they desperately need to jumpstart their business ideas. You might say to yourself, “My chances to meet a successful business millionaire is slim to none.” I say, don’t undermine the prospects of meeting a person of wealth. It could happen!
I = Initiate the Idea
- A solid business plan will solidify your future wealth-plan.
- Create SMART Goals: Are your goals Specific? Are your goals Measurable? Are your goals Attainable? Are your goals Realistic? Are your goals Timely?
O = Outline the Benefits
- List the benefits/awards of your Idea. Your idea should: uplift someone, empower the un-inspired, raise a person’s esteem, enhance an individual’s lifestyle, or compliment a customer’s well-being.
- List out the people who will benefit from your Idea.
- Surround your idea with positive-encouraging words.
N = Network and Negotiate
- The word network as defined by Merriam-Webster means interconnect with group or system. Nearly all ideas need some level of work between groups of idealist and pragmatist. Before you every launch an idea, you should carefully select individuals who possess pragmatic thinking skills. A pragmatist leans on grounded/sound logic above anything else – whether the answer is pleasant or not, while idealist has the hope that all things yield a positive end result, even in the face of chaos or defeat. In this process, balancing the two actions are essential to ensure your idea has been tested thoroughly.
Now are you ready? Great!
Let’s go people and do some good!