For some folks, finding and discovering the purpose in your life may be easy and self-rewarding. With effective child rearing and reinforced support systems, a young person could set their goals beyond the stratosphere of success!
But for those who haven’t discovered their purpose just yet, life situations from the past could keep individuals from moving into their true destination. Those life situations may stem from unwanted hurts, broken promises, unforgiving people, etc. Without professional counseling or family intervention, some wounds left untreated may haunt a person for a lifetime. And the reoccurring scabs of those wounds can prevent a person from become whole once more.
Fortunately there are people who are determined to become whole again. I believe being whole again gives you a sense of rejuvenation. Once you find the center of being whole, the navigation and directional compass for your life becomes clearer and the challenge of developing your purpose becomes even stronger.
I recently watched a video clip that features a well-known urban rapper called DMX. Now in his 40s, this very troubled/complex individual was looking to ‘fix’ his life with the help of an acclaimed empowerment legend – Iyanla Vanzart. The entire video clip is 90 minutes long – shocking, powerful, uncut and very intense. I encourage you to watch this without any distractions! The ending of it is disturbing for the rapper, BUT for his eldest child Xavier played throughout the video, he will eventually find his wholeness.
After you watched the clip, do a self-examination of yourself. Do you have relationships that need mending? Are you ready to examine that wound you left untreated and plan for surgery to remove the anger, hurt, and outrage still embedded in the wound? Are you ready to unlock the door of heartbreak so that you can walk into your life’s purpose? If so, be ready to become whole again! Start now!
Let’s go people and do some good!
The brain is the most integral organ of the body. Without the brain, I can imagine us being mindless creatures with no purpose – just like the apocalyptic zombie characters wandering around in AMC’s cable television epic thriller “The Walking Dead.” Weighing between 2.87 and 3.1 lbs., the adult brain physiologically functions to exert control over the other organs of the body. The sensory of “thought” rouses our intelligence to react or perform, especially when we want to execute on a set personal values.
Our creator masterfully designed us with the ability to think and feel; His design was and is for us to have dominion over the creatures of the Earth (Genesis 1:26) – this of course carried a huge level of responsibility. We were created with a desire to take care of ourselves and those around us. We were gifted with the ability to articulate to one another. We were intelligently built to produce and exchange tangible commodities or consumer durable goods to satisfy our lifestyle. Lastly, we were given the chance to prove our well-being to make a difference for others.
It is a great opportunity to live in a democratic society where you have the freedom to talk and express the things manifesting in your heart. Your heart has been aching for a long time to do something purposeful, now it’s time to program the brain to move on that very thing! Now is the time to transform what you’ve been talking about and put it into ACTION. The city of Rome wasn’t built in a day, but what you build now could eventually outlive you and/or grow beyond your wildest imagination!
A = Active the Brain
- Stimulate your thoughts. Carve out some time each day to brainstorm the idea you have. For me, the best setting is usually early mornings.
- Read, research, and review. Spend quality time to gain knowledge from books, workshops/conferences, leading experts, or even your place of work!
C = Challenge Yourself Daily
- Do something that you’ve never done before. If you have developed a homemade product to sell and want to share it with your friends, be willing to use the product on yourself first for a period of time. You are your best customer.
- Dare to be different; take on a new hobby that connects with your idea or vision.
T = Tell Your Story
- Showcase the idea to those you feel will help you win the track lap of victory!
- Be prepared to disclose your formula to a respectable venture capitalist as in ABC’s television show – “Shark Tank.” On this particular show, entrepreneurs who dare to enter the “Shark Tank” must try to convince the tough, self-made, multi-millionaire/billionaire tycoons to part with their own hard-earned cash and give them the funding they desperately need to jumpstart their business ideas. You might say to yourself, “My chances to meet a successful business millionaire is slim to none.” I say, don’t undermine the prospects of meeting a person of wealth. It could happen!
I = Initiate the Idea
- A solid business plan will solidify your future wealth-plan.
- Create SMART Goals: Are your goals Specific? Are your goals Measurable? Are your goals Attainable? Are your goals Realistic? Are your goals Timely?
O = Outline the Benefits
- List the benefits/awards of your Idea. Your idea should: uplift someone, empower the un-inspired, raise a person’s esteem, enhance an individual’s lifestyle, or compliment a customer’s well-being.
- List out the people who will benefit from your Idea.
- Surround your idea with positive-encouraging words.
N = Network and Negotiate
- The word network as defined by Merriam-Webster means interconnect with group or system. Nearly all ideas need some level of work between groups of idealist and pragmatist. Before you every launch an idea, you should carefully select individuals who possess pragmatic thinking skills. A pragmatist leans on grounded/sound logic above anything else – whether the answer is pleasant or not, while idealist has the hope that all things yield a positive end result, even in the face of chaos or defeat. In this process, balancing the two actions are essential to ensure your idea has been tested thoroughly.
Now are you ready? Great!
Let’s go people and do some good!